Cloud Curio Crew: Sally Tamarkin
Hi, I’m Sally! My pronouns are she/her. I am from New Haven, CT and live in Philadelphia, PA. I’m a writer, editor, sensitivity reader, and podcast host. My work has been published in MCDM’s ARCADIA and I’ve done editing and sensitivity reading for Roll20, MCDM, and other TTRPG-related places. You can see a bunch of my work on my website.
Here are 20 facts about me!
1. I’m an Aries, Leo rising, Moon in Gemini.
2. I write a biweekly newsletter called Mars Investigations, about the TV show Veronica Mars.
3. Janeane Garofalo once scolded me for writing in wet cement. Several years later we reunited on stage at a live podcast taping and made up.
4. I love the board game Clue (I always play Mr. Green).
5. I’m not very outdoorsy but I am very indoorsy.
6. The first TTRPG I ever played was either AD&D or Cyberpunk 2020 (I can’t remember which).
7. I watch the movie Spy whenever I need cheering up.
8. I’m a big fan of the Philadelphia 76ers.
9. I have a Masters of Social Work in Community Organizing.
10. I love learning about cults.
11. My favorite genres for fiction and movies: anything dark sci-fi or dystopian future.
12. My least favorite genres for fiction and movies: horror, especially anything with body horror.
13. My favorite video game is Telltale’s The Walking Dead.
14. I’m a morning person.
15. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, but candy-wise I don’t think it gets better than a Hershey’s Kiss.
16. The products I unreservedly endorse are: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick, Maldon Sea Salt Flakes, Apagard M-Plus toothpaste, Darn Tough socks, Waterloo brand seltzer (peach flavor), and Trident Spearmint Gum.
17. I once came in third place for my age group in a 10k road race.
18. My favorite emoji is 😤.
19. My cats are named Miles and Manny.
20. I’m passionate about pandemic safety.